AMERICAN SAVINGS BANK, F.S.B. DEBIT CARD SWEEPSTAKES - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE/TRANSACTION NECESSARY.
A PURCHASE OR TRANSACTION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Debit Card Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. Hawaii Standard Time (“HST”) on March 1, 2020 and ends 11:59 p.m. HST on August 31, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the state of Hawaii who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win: officers, directors, independent contractors and employees of American Savings Bank, F.S.B. ("Sponsor"), Don Jagoda Associates (“Administrator”), and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies; their distributors, contractors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, and promotional agencies and other individuals or entities involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of the Sweepstakes (collectively, "Promotion Entities") and all of their immediate household members (not limited to but including: spouse, parent, child, sibling, in-laws). The Sweepstakes is intended solely for viewing and participation in the state of Hawaii and shall be construed and evaluated solely under United States federal, state and local laws. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. An eligible American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Cardholder (“Cardholder”) must have their American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Consumer Account in good standing (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) as of date of entry. Business Debit Cardholders are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner who is a cardholder, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary Cardholder of the eligible American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Deposit Account (“Account”) in question.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase or transaction is necessary to enter or win. There are two (2) ways to enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period:
Entry Method 1: During the Sweepstakes Period, for each qualified purchase transaction (each, a “Transaction”) made on your Card you will receive one (1) entry in the applicable Monthly Entry Period and the Grand Prize drawing, as defined in the Entry Chart below
Entry Chart Monthly Entry
Monthly Entry Period
Monthly Entry Period
Drawings will be
held on or about
1 03/01/20 03/31/20 03/31/20 04/14/20 04/21/20 2 04/01/20 04/30/20 04/30/20 05/14/20 05/21/20 3 05/01/20 05/31/20 06/01/20 06/15/20 06/22/20 4 06/01/20 06/30/20 06/30/20 07/15/20 07/22/20 5 07/01/20 07/31/20 07/31/20 08/17/20 08/24/20 6 08/01/20 08/31/20 08/31/20 09/15/20 09/22/20 Grand Prize 03/01/20 08/31/20 08/31/20 09/15/20 09/22/20
Entry Method 2: Eligible individuals may enter without making a Transaction by hand printing their name, complete mailing address, email address, telephone number and date of birth on a plain 3”x5” piece of paper and mailing it in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Debit Card Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7703, Melville, NY 11775- 7703.
Entry Restrictions: All Transaction entries and mailed entries submitted shall herein be referred to as the “Entry” or “Entries.” By submitting an Entry, you agree to these terms and Official Rules for this Sweepstakes, and to the decisions made by the Administrator and/or Sponsor. You further agree that there is no appeal or manner in which to object to the decision, opinions or determinations of the Sponsor or Administrator. Mailed entries must be postmarked and received according to the Entry Chart above to be eligible for the applicable Monthly Entry Period and the Grand Prize drawing. There is a limit of one (1) entry per mailing envelope. There is no limit to the total number of entries an entrant may submit via this non-purchase method of entry. Mechanically reproduced mailed entries are automatically void. Illegible mailed entries are void. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, misdirected, returned or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
The following Transactions will qualify for entry: Only qualified purchases made with a Participating Card that is in good standing (both at time of entry and at Winner selection), and issued by ASB in the U.S. to an identifiable end user and that are processed and submitted through ASB’s transaction processing system during the Promotion Period are eligible for automatic entry. This includes debit card point of sale purchases using the “Credit” or “Debit” function at a merchant terminal, debit card purchases that require a signature to complete the transaction, debit card purchases that require a PIN to complete the transaction and online and mobile purchases (ecommerce) using your debit card. One time or recurring transactions will both qualify.
The following Transactions will not qualify for entry: Participating Card transactions posted after the Promotion Period, Account adjustment transactions/returns, Business Card and debit transactions, late payment fees, over-limit or over-draft fees, cash advances, annual fees, balance transfers and/or other fees assessed on your account, and the purchase of cash equivalents such as traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks, and money orders. Entries from unauthorized Participating Card use or made with lost, stolen, or fraudulent Participating Cards are void.
- MONTHLY AND GRAND PRIZE RANDOM DRAWING WINNER SELECTION/ODDS: The Administrator, an independent judging agency, will conduct all random Monthly Drawings and the Grand Prize Drawing:
Monthly Drawings: One (1) Monthly First Prize and ten (10) Monthly Second Prize winners (subject to verification) will be selected in each Monthly drawing, which will be held on or about the dates as defined in Entry Chart above. Monthly Drawings will be conducted from among all eligible Entries received during the applicable Monthly Entry Period. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a month is defined as the dates outlined in the Entry Chart above. The odds of winning a Monthly Drawing prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received by the end of each Monthly Entry Period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules.
Grand Prize Drawing: The Grand Prize winner will be selected in the Grand Prize Drawing, which will be held on or about September 22, 2020, from among all eligible Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. The odds of winning the Grand Prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period and compliance with the exact requirements of these Official Rules.
- PRIZES AND ACTUAL RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): One (1) Grand Prize: $10,000, awarded in the form of a direct deposit to the winner’s American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Consumer Deposit Account or check. Six (6) Monthly First Prizes (one (1) awarded per Monthly Entry Period): $2,500, awarded in the form of a direct deposit to the winner’s American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Consumer Deposit Account or check. Sixty (60) Monthly Second Prizes (ten (10) awarded per Monthly Entry Period): $250, awarded in the form of a direct deposit to the winner’s American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Consumer Deposit Account or check. Total ARV of all prizes: $40,000. Non-Cardholders who are deemed winners and would like to have their prize deposited in an American Savings Bank F.S.B. Account will be invited to have an Account opened in their name. The Grand Prize and Monthly First Prize winners will receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form in the mail for the value of the prize, to be processed in the year in which they receive the prize. Any person who wins prizes through any Sponsor-sponsored promotions with cumulative value equal to or greater than $600 in a calendar year will receive an IRS 1099 Tax Form. The winners will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize awarded. No prize substitution or transfer of prizes permitted except at sole discretion of the Sponsor. Limit: one (1) Monthly First or Monthly Second Prize per person, however a Monthly First or Second Prize Winner is eligible to win the Grand Prize.
- NOTIFICATION/AFFIDAVITS: Potential winners will be notified by telephone, U.S. mail, or email. All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and being declared an official winner is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Potential winners may be required to sign and return Declaration of Eligibility/Compliance and a publicity/liability release ("Winner Documents"), as allowed by law, within ten (10) days of notification attempt or they will forfeit the prize. In the event of prize forfeiture, a potential winner is unreachable, the prize notification is undeliverable, or if a potential winner declines acceptance of the prize, Sponsor may award the prize to a randomly selected alternate potential winner. All potential winners of the Sweepstakes are subject to verification by Sponsor or Administrator, whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection and verification of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. All materials submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Promotion Entities are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, delayed, inaccurate, incomplete, postage due or misdirected Entries, interrupted or unavailable network servers involved in posting Transactions, processing Entries, internet access or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions/failures of any kind or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected Entries, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Sweepstakes, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person or person’s computer or property related to participating in the Sweepstakes. Promotion Entities are not liable for any Transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter the system for any reason, or are processed reported or transmitted late or incorrectly for any reason. Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for any internet connectivity costs, credit card costs, dial-up access costs, or upload fees. Persons found tampering with, abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or violating these Official Rules, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner or Entry based on an automatic Entry, the winning Entry will be declared made by the Member who is the primary Cardholder of the Debit Card, which was used to make the applicable Transaction, as determined solely by Sponsor’s records. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ACCEPTANCE OR USE/MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize as a selected winner, each entrant/winner agrees that they have read these Official Rules and that they will be strictly bound by them. Sponsor's decisions shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes and any/all prizes awarded. By accepting a prize, winners grant Sponsor the right to use their individual names, addresses, photographs, and likenesses for advertising, publicity & promotional purposes and for any other such purposes as Sponsor so determines, in any and all media worldwide without limitation, without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, viruses, tampering, or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible Transaction entries and all mailed entries received for each Monthly Entry Period and for the Grand Prize random drawing, prior to cancellation. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- SWEEPSTAKES DISPUTES: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL SWEEPSTAKES DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN HAWAII; (2) ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES HIS/HER RIGHT TO SWEEPSTAKES JURISDICTION; (3) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (4) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Hawaii, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Hawaii or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Hawaii. This Sweepstakes does not change the existing ASB Debit Card dispute process or your obligation to notify the Bank if you observe fraudulent activity on your account.
- GENERAL RELEASE: Each entrant hereby agrees to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Promotion Entities, from any claims, actions, damages, losses or injury of any kind including but not limited to personal injury or death, resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or from acceptance, use or misuse of a prize awarded or participation in any prize-related activity. This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income, or profit; loss or damage to property; and/or claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Promotion Entities have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express, or implied (including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes or to any prize. Under no circumstances should entrants give their Card account number, or any information regarding their account, over the phone or via mail, in connection with this Sweepstakes.
- WINNERS LIST: For a Winners List, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The American Savings Bank, F.S.B. Sweepstakes Winners List, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. M/F), Melville, NY 11747. Requests must be received no later than October 15, 2020.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is American Savings Bank, F.S.B. 300 North Beretania Street, Honolulu, HI 96817. The Administrator of this Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.