Foreign Currency Exchange
Conversions with Convenience
Vacationing in Hawaii from outside the U.S. or have currency left over from a trip abroad? American Savings Bank's Foreign Currency Exchange service buys most major foreign currencies from around the globe, converting them to U.S. dollars on the spot.
This service is available to customers and non-customers1.
- Most major currencies accepted
- Low transaction handling fee1
- Competitive exchange rates2
- 11 branch locations for non-account holder transactions including Waikiki and Ala Moana Center
- Current account holders can exchange at any branch
- Convert amounts of up to $990 U.S. dollars per day for non-accountholders, no limit for current accountholders
We convert currencies including:
- Australia Dollar (AUD)
- Canada Dollar (CAD)
- China Yuan (CNY)
- European Central Bank Euro (EURO)
- Japanese Yen (YEN)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- British Pound (GBP)
- Korean Won (WON)
- AND MANY MORE MAJOR CURRENCIES
We can also assist with currency purchasing, international wire transfers, and travelers cheques.
1. $8.00 U.S. per transaction for non-accountholders. Accountholder fee for customers with verifiable deposit account is 1% of the transaction, minimum $2.50, maximum $10.00.
2. Rates vary daily. See branch for details.