Join us for Kamaʻāina Sundays
April 2, 2023 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
at ʻIolani Palace
Enjoy ʻono food, a free audio tour of ʻIolani Palace for Hawaii residents1, entertainment by Kawika Kahiapo and Hālau Nā Mamo O Pu‘uanahulu and family-friendly activities!
This monthly event is proudly sponsored by American Savings Bank.
EVENT DATES & INFOTOURSFOOD VENDORSACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
EVENT DATES & THEMES
- April 2 - ʻAʻa I Ka Hula/Dare to Dance
- May 7 - Na Pua Hawaii/Flowers of Hawaii May Day
- June 11 - Moana/Ocean Day
- July 9 - Olakino/Health Awareness
- August 13 - Weaving Stories
Bring your picnic blankets and chairs and enjoy live entertainment, activities, and food.
- 8:30 a.m. - Gates open - enter through Richards or King Street gates
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. - Audio tours, activities, and entertainment
- 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m. - Kawika Kahiapo
- 2:15 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Hālau Nā Mamo O Pu‘uanahulu
- Metered street parking is free.
- Nearby parking is available at Civic Center Municipal Building and Aliʻi Place (8 a.m. – 4 p.m).
- Public parking will not be available on ʻIolani Palace grounds.
Making Purchases at Kamaʻāina Sundays
Guests must purchase scrips from the ASB Scrip Tent to purchase food from the vendors. Cash and cards will be accepted.
Use your ASB VISA® Debit Card to receive an exclusive discount on scrips!2
- Spend $25 or more on scrips and get $5 off your purchase.
- Spend $50 or more on scrips and get $10 off your purchase.
- Spend $75 or more on scrips and get $15 off your purchase.
- Spend $100 or more on scrips and get $20 off your purchase.
ʻIolani Palace Tours
Explore a piece of Hawaii's history with an audio tour of ʻIolani Palace. Guests will visit the first and second floors of ʻIolani Palace, which includes the staterooms and private quarters of the royal monarchs. The tour concludes with an exploration of the basement gallery exhibits showcasing the royal collections, restored kitchen, and Chamberlain’s Office.
- 500 tours are available on a first-come, first-served basis; complimentary tickets will be limited to four per adult.
- A valid Hawaii State ID, Hawaii driver’s license or proof of Hawaii residency is required to receive tickets. Visitors may purchase tickets at regular price.
Food Trucks & Vendors
Discover delicious eats, including sweet treats, refreshing drinks, plate lunches and more!
Food trucks and vendors will be announced soon.
Scrips are required to make purchases at food trucks and vendors. Click here to learn more.
Food vendors will vary each month.
Activities & Entertainment
Bring your picnic blankets and chairs and kick back with your friends and family with free live entertainment and activities!
Activities & entertainment will be announced soon.
- Kawika Kahiapo
- Hālau Nā Mamo O Pu‘uanahulu
- Keiki Activities
Activities and entertainment will vary each month.
- A valid Hawaiʻi State ID, Hawaiʻi driver’s license or proof of Hawaiʻi residency is required for a free ticket for a self-led audio tour of ʻIolani Palace.
- Entire purchase must be paid for using an ASB personal or business Visa® Debit card. Minimum purchase amount is before taxes. Limit of one offer per debit card transaction. Offer does not apply to prior purchases. Cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. Free or discounted item eligible while supplies last. Offer subject to change without notice. Valid only at ‘Iolani Palace Kama’aina Sundays events from March 12, 2023 to August 13, 2023. Visit our Facebook, Instagram, or asbhawaii.com/kamaainasundays for details.