We're Here for You
Giving back is part of who we are and we’re especially proud to bring real impact to our community during this challenging time. Here is a message from our President & CEO that highlights how our team is working hard to make dreams possible.
Learn More >
"Will Our Savings See Us Through?"
Our bankers are here to help you. With branches located throughout the state open during weekends and evenings, ASB has the best hours to get your banking done with a helpful banker. Our ATMs, Online and Mobile Banking are available 24/7 that make banking on-the-go easy, without needing to come into a branch.
"Can our home equity help with the bills?"
Our solutions can help you stay financially secure like our Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC). This can be used to access your home equity in a credit line that can be used as emergency funding, debt consolidation or to pay other expenses. Many Hawaii residents also use HELOCs to make major purchases and home improvements.
Frequently Asked Questions:
We are closely monitoring this situation and are doing all that we can to make sure our branches stay open for customers. If you need assistance, we suggest using one of the following options for your convenience and to practice social distancing:
- Use online and mobile banking: We are committed to serving your financial needs without interruption and encourage all customers to bank online using Online Banking or the ASB Hawaii Mobile App, which allows you to bank from the comfort of your own home 24/7.
- Make an appointment with a banker, which allows you to connect with one of our experts without having to physically come into a branch.
- Send a message via our “Secure Message Center” located in the ASB Hawaii Mobile App or Online Banking. If you don’t have online banking, you can enroll here.
- Call the Customer Banking Center at (808) 627-6900 or toll-free at (800) 272-2566. Representatives at the Customer Banking Center are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. HST; Saturday, Sunday and most holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. HST to assist.
- Visit an ATM to deposit checks and complete other transactions. To locate an ATM, click here.
We continue to remain focused on the health and well-being of our teammates and customers. If you need to visit a branch in person, please join us in practicing social distancing by staying 6 feet apart. You may be asked to wait outside to limit the number of people in the branch. 6 of the branches that remain open offer a drive-thru. Click here to see a list of our open branches.
We are happy to help ease the burden of those most at risk in the community. All branches offer Kupuna Hour during the first hour of each day, Monday through Friday, for seniors (ages 60 and up) and at-risk individuals, along with an accompanying caregiver or family member, as needed.
As we address the needs of our customers, including those impacted by the COVID-19 situation, call wait times may be longer than usual.In an effort to serve you in the best way possible, we encourage you to take advantage of our digital banking features. Sign in online or use the ASB Hawaii Mobile App to access your account 24/7 anywhere, anytime in order to:
- View transactions
- Make deposits
- Pay bills
- Lock your card
- Find branches and ATMs
If you need to speak to a teammate in person, you may visit one of our branches. We recommend making an appointment with a banker, which allows you to connect with one of our experts without having to physically come into a branch.
We support the county recommendations to wear a face mask to minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our branch teammates may ask customers to remove their masks if necessary for identification purposes.
During these challenging times, we’re committed to supporting organizations that provide assistance in our community. In addition to our financial hardship programs (see Financial Hardship sections above), we have contributed:
- Personal Protective Equipment: $25,000 to Operation Masks to provide N95 respirator masks to hospitals throughout Hawaii, especially in rural areas. ASB has also joined KoHana Hawaiian Agricole Rum, Hawaii Governor David Ige’s office and several other local businesses in manufacturing hundreds of gallons of U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved hand sanitizer. The sanitizer was distributed to the Institute of Human Services for the homeless, local schools, nonprofit organizations and more.
- Community Meals: $18,000 donation to Chef Hui's Give and Go Community Meal program and $25,000 to the Show Aloha Challenge, which serves meals to kupuna statewide. ASB has also served more than 26,600 meals to teammates, first responders, kupuna and community members, totaling more than $360,000 to support 110 local restaurants.
- General COVID-19 Relief: $125,000 donation to the Hawaii Foodbank and United Way agencies for COVID-19 aid through the HEI Charitable Foundation and a $5,000 donation to Family Promise of Hawaii to assist families at risk of experiencing homelessness. ASB has also donated $5,000 to Farrington High School's Project Hope to provide toiletries and other items to school families affected by the pandemic. Farrington is an ASB Bank for Education Ohana school.
We're here for you, and are offering solutions to help customers who may be facing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Customers may receive a loan forbearance, deferment or extension of up to 3 months. Click here for more information. Business customers can click here to learn more about assistance on existing loans/lines. Please note that we are experiencing high request volume at this time. Our team is working hard to respond to requests as soon as possible.
Taking care of your family and loved ones is important to us. Here are a few tips on how to prepare for the unexpected:
- Use Online Banking to stay up to date on your accounts, make bill payments and more.
- Set aside some of your money as an emergency fund.
- Have any important family documentation in order and up-to date: (Trust documents, health insurance policies, etc.)
Click here to learn more about preparing for the unexpected.
- Source: ASB CARES Loan Application 2020