The Convenient Way to Pay Anytime, Anywhere
American Savings Bank Visa Gold and Platinum debit cards give you convenient access to your checking account and more:
- Pay for purchases anywhere Visa is accepted, in person or online. There’s no need to carry cash or checks when you have your debit card
- Automatically track all your purchases with Online Banking
- Add your card to your mobile wallet on your phone, tablet, or wearable device
- Access your account at one of our ATMs or any ATM Visa is accepted, worldwide
- Use your card to set up recurring payments for monthly bills & expenses so you never make a late payment
- Get cash back with your debit card purchases at participating merchants
NEW CONTACTLESS CARDS
If your American Savings Bank Visa card has the Contactless indicator on it, you can use it to make purchases with just a tap. Prior to the expiration date on your card, we’ll send you a new contactless card.
More Debit Card Features
Debit cards are a convenient way to access your account and pay for everyday purchases—in person or online.
If your debit card is lost or stolen, call our Customer Banking Center immediately at (808) 627-6900 or toll-free at (800) 272-2566.
Yes, each account holder can be issued a debit card.
After receiving your card in the mail, follow the card activation instructions that came with your card.
You can get cash back when you use your Visa® Debit Card at ATMs and many merchant locations. To get cash back, press DEBIT instead of CREDIT. You will be prompted to enter your PIN and select the amount of cash that you want to complete the transaction.
Make sure your iPhone®6, iPad Air®2 or iPad miniTM3 has the latest version of iOS 8. You can add your American Savings Bank Visa® debit card to Apple Pay from your iTunes account to your Passbook app by entering your card security code. With an iPhone 6, you can add additional cards within the Passbook app. On iPad Air 2 and iPad miniTM3, start by opening Settings, tap "Passbook & Apple Pay," then tap "Add Credit or Debit Card." For more information, visit Apple Pay.
If you are upgrading from Kalo EssentialsSM Checking to Kalo PlusSM or Kalo DeluxeSM Checking and choose to upgrade to a Platinum Debit Card:
- You will be assigned a new Platinum Debit Card account number.
- If using your Gold Debit Card to make automatic payments, contact each payee and update them with your new Platinum Debit Card account number once you receive it.
- Your existing Gold Debit Card will be deactivated 30 days after you upgrade to a Platinum Debit Card.
Please note - ASB ATMs that are enabled with EMV card readers will hold EMV Chip Cards in the card reader until the transaction is completed. This is similar to making a payment at a store checkout where the card is inserted in the payment device until the transaction is completed and you are instructed to remove it.
If the card does not have an EMV chip and it is active and has not expired, it will still work, and the ATM will prompt you to remove your card and continue your transaction.
©2020 Visa® All rights reserved.