ASB Copycat Website
(as of 5/10/14)
On 5/9/14 we informed customers of a website not affiliated with American Savings Bank using our website design and content illegally. As of 5/10/14 we are pleased to report that this bogus website has been removed.
(as of 5/9/14)
A website not affiliated with American Savings Bank has illegally copied ASB's website design and content from asbhawaii.com. Our information security team has taken immediate action to resolve this matter.
Though this bogus website poses no threat to the bank, your accounts, or your confidential account information, we would like to take this opportunity to remind you of the following best practices when accessing your ASB account online at asbhawaii.com:
- Ensure that "asbhawaii.com" appears in the website address box.
- Ensure that our name and logo (green kalo leaf against a blue background) appears in the top left corner of the website.
- Update your online account password frequently.
- Regularly monitor your account and report any suspicious transactions.
- Beware of any emails purportedly from ASB asking for your personal information. ASB will never email such a request.
Protecting our customers' account information and the bank's systems are very important to us. ASB employs several layers of security to protect our customers' information and we will continue to closely monitor this situation and contact you with any updates if necessary. If you have any questions, please contact ASB's Customer Banking Service at (808) 627-6900 or toll-free (800) 272-2566.