Financial Hardship Resources
American Savings Bank (ASB) is committed to assisting, supporting and providing solutions for our customers during challenging times. Please see the available resources we provide below to assist you during times of financial hardship.
Emergency Personal Line of Credit (PLOC)
ASB customers on Maui can receive financial assistance
Product Features & Benefits
- Unsecured line of credit from $1,000-$5,0001
- 3-year draw period at 7.00% fixed APR and 4-year repayment period at the Current Variable Rate2
- Minimum payment of $30 or 2% of outstanding principal plus accrued interest during the draw period
- Monthly payment of fully amortized principal amount plus accrued interest during the repayment period
- Customers with an active account in good standing on August 7, 2023
Click here to apply for a PLOC over $5,000.
- Loan application, and qualification under American Savings Bank’s underwriting standards for a Personal Line of Credit required. Verification of applicant’s income may be necessary.
- Current variable rate effective 08/24/2023 is 8.50% APR, and is subject to change monthly based on the highest Prime Rate published in the Wall Street Journal, plus a margin (subject to the floor rate of 5.25%; maximum APR is 18.00%). Rates are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
Financial assistance options via the hardship form
A pause in payments, requiring the repayment of the missed amount when the forbearance period ends. Interest still accrues during the period and your credit may be impacted.
A delay in payments where interest accrues during the deferment period. When repayment resumes, payment will go towards accrued interest first. You will also have a larger final payment. Your credit will not be impacted.
Temporary extension of reduced or delayed payment for your mortgage loan, personal unsecured loans and/or lines of credit.
Financial Hardship Assistance Form
Please complete this form and we'll be in touch with you in 1-2 business days on how we can help.
Qualifying customers may receive assistance for up to 3 months in the form of one of the following:
- Loan forbearance
- Loan deferment
- Loan extension
For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
Please provide current proof of income (including unemployment) if you are requesting assistance. Examples of proof of income:
- Pay Stubs
- Bank statements showing direct deposits from employer
- General Excise Tax (“GET”) statements
- Transient Accommodation Tax (“TAT”) statements
- Other documents evidencing employment
- Business bank statements
- Most recent tax returns
We may ask for additional documentation based on your situation.
Or, you may also contact: