COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Updates:
Our team at American Savings Bank is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation. The safety, health and well-being of customers and teammates are a top priority. To ensure we continue to serve our customers and community in the best way possible, we will provide updates on our banking services and coronavirus-related information through this website, email and social media. For banking-related questions, please contact our Customer Banking Center at (808) 627-6900 or toll-free at (800) 272-2566. Mahalo!
At ASB, we are committed to being transparent and sharing information, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. We continue to enforce health and safety measures to keep our customers, teammates and community safe.
Since January 2020, we have implemented stringent protocols to keep our teammates and customers safe. These include:
- Daily enhanced cleaning, which includes a professional service that provides deep cleaning and detailed disinfectant solution wipe downs of all workstations and common areas.
- Daily health checks of all teammates with contactless temperature checks. We require all teammates to stay home until they are cleared to return to work if they feel unwell for any reason.
- Requiring all teammates and customers to wear a face mask at all times and keep a safe distance from others. We provide teammates with masks and hand sanitizer stations in all locations.
- Installed plexi-glass barriers between customers and teammates, fans to circulate air and social distancing stickers in our branches.
- Established Kupuna Hour during the first hour of each day, Monday through Friday, to prioritize senior customers and those at a higher risk.
OUR POSITIVE COVID-19 CASE PROTOCOL:
Upon being informed that a teammate tests positive for COVID-19, we currently follow the below steps:
- Gather Information: Work with the teammate to gather information including last date worked, areas worked and individuals they were in close contact with. The teammate will also be instructed to quarantine and follow their doctor’s guidance on when to return to work.
- Clean and Sanitize: In addition to the normal enhanced cleaning that every ASB facility receives, we will use a professional cleaning company to clean and sanitize the teammate’s work areas and surrounding areas. In some cases, this may involve temporarily closing a branch. The area will not reopen until it is tested and deemed safe.
- Notify Close Contacts: Notify all individuals the teammate was in close contact with and advise them to self-quarantine and closely monitor their health. Customers who were in close contact are also notified.
- Reassign Teammates: Teammates who were in close contact with the teammate who tested positive will be asked to stay home, self-quarantine and closely monitor their health. If a branch is affected, teammates from other branches will be temporarily assigned to the location when it reopens.
RECENT POSITIVE CASES:
As diligent as we’ve all been to remain safe and healthy throughout this pandemic, we are not immune from it. Below is information regarding our response to positive COVID-19 cases at ASB facilities. To keep this information up-to-date, facilities may be removed from this list 48 hours after the facility has been sanitized and tested.
- Mililani Shopping Center Branch
Frequently Asked Questions:
We are closely monitoring this situation and are doing all that we can to make sure our branches stay open for customers. If you need assistance, we suggest using one of the following options for your convenience and to practice social distancing:
- Use online and mobile banking: We are committed to serving your financial needs without interruption and encourage all customers to bank online using Online Banking or the ASB Hawaii Mobile App, which allows you to bank from the comfort of your own home 24/7.
- Make an appointment with a banker, which allows you to connect with one of our experts without having to physically come into a branch.
- Send a message via our “Secure Message Center” located in the ASB Hawaii Mobile App or Online Banking. If you don’t have online banking, you can enroll here.
- Call the Customer Banking Center at (808) 627-6900 or toll-free at (800) 272-2566. Representatives at the Customer Banking Center are available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. HST; Saturday, Sunday and most holidays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. HST to assist.
- Visit an ATM to deposit checks and complete other transactions. To locate an ATM, click here.
We continue to remain focused on the health and well-being of our teammates and customers. If you need to visit a branch in person, please join us in practicing social distancing by staying 6 feet apart. You may be asked to wait outside to limit the number of people in the branch. 6 of the branches that remain open offer a drive-thru. Click here to see a list of our open branches.
We are happy to help ease the burden of those most at risk in the community. All branches offer Kupuna Hour during the first hour of each day, Monday through Friday, for seniors (ages 60 and up) and at-risk individuals, along with an accompanying caregiver or family member, as needed.
We support the county recommendations on each island to wear a face mask to minimize and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our branch teammates may ask customers to remove their masks if necessary for identification purposes.
As we address the needs of our customers, including those impacted by the COVID-19 situation, call wait times may be longer than usual. In an effort to serve you in the best way possible, we encourage you to take advantage of our digital banking features. Sign in online or use the ASB Hawaii Mobile App to access your account 24/7 anywhere, anytime in order to:
- View transactions
- Make deposits
- Pay bills
- Lock your card
- Find branches and ATMs
If you need to speak to a teammate in person, you may visit one of our branches. We recommend making an appointment with a banker, which allows you to connect with one of our experts without having to physically come into a branch.
A provision was made in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act to waive Required Minimum Distributions for 2020. This will impact any inherited, traditional, rollover IRAs, SEPs and SIMPLEs whose distribution has not been processed yet. If you would like to waive your 2020 RMD, please visit a branch or contact our Customer Banking Center for assistance. If you have questions regarding tax implications concerning your IRA, please consult your tax advisor.
During these challenging times, we’re committed to supporting organizations that provide assistance in our community. In addition to our financial hardship programs (see Financial Hardship sections above), we have contributed:
- Personal Protective Equipment: $25,000 to Operation Masks to provide N95 respirator masks to hospitals throughout Hawaii, especially in rural areas. ASB has also joined KoHana Hawaiian Agricole Rum, Hawaii Governor David Ige’s office and several other local businesses in manufacturing hundreds of gallons of U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved hand sanitizer. The sanitizer was distributed to the Institute of Human Services for the homeless, local schools, nonprofit organizations and more.
- Community Meals: $18,000 donation to Chef Hui's Give and Go Community Meal program and $25,000 to the Show Aloha Challenge, which serves meals to kupuna statewide. ASB has also served more than 26,600 meals to teammates, first responders, kupuna and community members, totaling more than $360,000 to support 110 local restaurants.
- General COVID-19 Relief: $125,000 donation to the Hawaii Foodbank and United Way agencies for COVID-19 aid through the HEI Charitable Foundation and a $5,000 donation to Family Promise of Hawaii to assist families at risk of experiencing homelessness. ASB has also donated $5,000 to Farrington High School's Project Hope to provide toiletries and other items to school families affected by the pandemic. Farrington is an ASB Bank for Education Ohana school.
Click below to explore additional ways that ASB has supported our community, customers and teammates:
During this difficult time, be careful of scams that take advantage of financial vulnerability. Some quick tips on how to keep yourself protected:
- Be cautious of anyone calling or emailing you to collect your personal information.
- Do not give out your personal information like your Social Security Number, Debit/Credit Card Numbers, PIN, Security Code, Online Banking sign on and password, and account information.
- As long as you filed your 2018 or 2019 Tax returns, the government will have what it needs to send your relief checks. You do not need to send payments via check, cash or wire in an attempt to obtain any payments or early access to the government relief.
- Review your account statements or online banking regularly and notify your banks immediately of any unauthorized transactions.
Click here for more information on how you can keep yourself protected.
We're here for you, and are offering solutions to help customers who may be facing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Customers may receive a loan forbearance, deferment or extension of up to 3 months. Click here for more information. Business customers can click here to learn more about assistance on existing loans/lines. Please note that we are experiencing high request volume at this time. Our team is working hard to respond to requests as soon as possible.
Taking care of your family and loved ones is important to us. Here are a few tips on how to prepare for the unexpected:
- Use Online Banking to stay up to date on your accounts, make bill payments and more.
- Set aside some of your money as an emergency fund.
- Have any important family documentation in order and up-to date: (Trust documents, health insurance policies, etc.)
Click here to learn more about preparing for the unexpected.
Below are a few community programs that may be able to help:
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the following links: