5 Tips for Birthday Savings
1. Treat yourself
- Many retailers offer discounts on or around your birthday – take advantage of these
- Always remember to mention it when you go out for a meal on your birthday as well because some restaurants also offer freebies
2. Pay yourself first
- Your birthday is as good of a time as any to start paying yourself first.
- Set up a Automatic Payments and Transfers from your checking account to a savings account after payday to build up that nest egg
3. Birthday parties don't have to be expensive
- Have a friend or family member with a birthday near yours? Consider combining celebrations.
- Simplify the celebration! With so much natural beauty, consider going to a park or the beach to celebrate with loved ones
4. Too much stuff? Ask for donations instead of gifts
- Consider asking friends to donate to a charity for your birthday as opposed to a gift