Banking Without Going to the BankMonday, February 03, 2020
SKIP A TRIP TO THE BANK WITH ONLINE BANKING
We‘ve all been there: you’re running late for an event when you realize you need to stop at the bank. Worse, you make the detour only to find you’re too late and the bank’s closed for the day. Wouldn’t it be better if you could skip the trip to the bank when you need to deposit a check, transfer money, or just check your account balances?
Luckily, many banks now offer online banking to help cut some of the hassles out of your life. At American Savings Bank, our Online Banking system is just one of the ways we’re constantly trying to make banking easier for our customers. You can use online banking and mobile banking to manage your ASB accounts from almost anywhere. Simply log in using a computer or smart phone (using the ASBHawaii mobile app) to stay up to date.
Below are some great benefits to using Online Banking when you’re short on time but need to access to your accounts.
TYPES OF SELF-SERVICE BANKING:
Online/Mobile Banking is one of many ways that you can do your banking without having to visit a branch. ASB provides a variety of tools to help you manage your accounts, perform transactions, and get access to your funds.
Some of the types of self-service banking offered by ASB include:
- ATMs: Automated teller machines, which you probably know as ATMs, allow you to complete basic banking transactions with a computer instead of a human teller. We have ATMs located throughout Hawaii to give you quick access to your money when you’re on the go. A majority of our ATM’s allow you to complete different types of transactions, including: deposits (check and cash), withdrawals, transfers, mini statements, balance inquiry, etc. ATM’s are a convenient option to complete simple transactions and access basic transaction information when branches are busy or you are visiting outside of bank hours.
- Phone Banking: Phone banking is a simple self-service tool you can use to manage your money. Our phone banking system allows you to make transfers between accounts, schedule recurring transfers, make a loan payment, and place a stop payment on a check. You can also get information on local branch hours based on zip code. To use our phone banking system, simply call 808-627-6900 or toll-free, 800-272-2566.
- Direct Deposit: Hate visiting the bank every other week to deposit your paycheck or government benefits check? Direct deposit allows you to set up an electronic link between your payer and your ASB checking account. The deposits are made at the same time as your normal paycheck, but instead of a paper check, the money goes directly into your checking account.
- Credit and Debit Cards: Credit and debit cards are another form of self-service. These cards work by using a plastic card with a magnetic strip or electronic security chip to process your payments at retailers. When you swipe a debit card, the money is automatically withdrawn from your checking account to pay the retailer. At participating merchants, you can also get cash back while using your debit card to pay for your items. When you use a credit card, the money is taken from your credit limit and your credit card company pays the merchant. You might consider a credit card payment like a very short-term loan. The charge is added to your current credit card balance and will be added to your monthly credit card bill.
- Online Banking: Perhaps the most widely-known form of self-service is online banking. Through online banking, you use a secure login to access the online platform. Once logged in, you’ll have access to your account and loan balances. You’ll also have the ability to make and schedule transfers and even make loan payments. Set up eStatements so you’re not getting paper account statements each month and manage/pay your bills using Online Bill Pay all from your online account.
- Mobile Banking: Mobile banking gives you all of the functionality of online banking. Our convenient ASB Hawaii Mobile App keeps your ASB accounts in your pocket at all times. You can quickly and securely access your accounts using Touch ID or Face ID from your iPhone or you can set up a four digit passcode. Mobile banking has all of the same exact features as Online Banking, except you can also use the app to deposit checks into your ASB account.
BENEFITS OF ONLINE BANKING:
Online Banking comes with a lot of advantages over visiting a branch for simple banking functions. Whether you need to transfer money or pay a bill, ASB Online Banking is a convenient solution to save you time and effort.
- Convenient: Online Banking and Mobile Banking make it easy to perform simple banking tasks without an extra trip to the bank. You’ll spend less time traveling to the bank and waiting in line. Went on a shopping spree and need to check your balance? Hop on the mobile app or visit a nearby ATM to quickly get access to your account.
- Secure: Online Banking tools are secure to help keep your information safe. If you lose a paper statement or check, there’s almost no way to know if your information is secure. With Online Banking, you can rest easy knowing your private details and account information is secure. At ASB, we make online banking security one of our highest priorities.
- Instant Notifications: With Online Banking, you can set up alerts to receive a text or an email whenever there is activity in your account. You’ll know exactly when a check is cashed or a transfer is made in your account.
- Faster Transactions: Since you don’t have to wait in line at the bank, you can make transfers, make deposits, and pay bills faster. Simply click your mouse or tap your finger to send money between your ASB accounts or set up recurring payments for your bills.
- No Physical Restrictions: Have you ever needed to deposit a check at the bank after work? You probably found yourself hurrying to your nearest branch right at the end of the day. With Online Banking and our ASBHawaii Mobile App, you don’t have to worry about branch hours or whether it’s a holiday. You can complete your basic banking tasks from your phone, tablet, or computer.
READY TO GET STARTED WITH ONLINE BANKING?
Sign up for Online Banking with ASB and get access to your accounts from almost anywhere. Setting up an online account is easy and you’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of Online Banking. Skip your next trip to the bank by enrolling in Online Banking today.